Tuesday, July 12, 2011

HumanHeartNature All-Natural Deodorant with Sunflower Review

I've known this brand since 2009. Back then, it wasn't that popular (I learned that it was launched just months ago, November 2008). What caught my eye aside from its affordability, is its campaign towards utilizing Philippines' natural resources to come up with a range of natural-products that is "PRO-PHILIPPINES, PRO-POOR, & PRO-ENVIRONMENT".
logois about loving the Philippines, loving the environment and loving our families as we provide only the safest and purest world-class ingredients for them. These are effective AND affordable organic and natural personal care products that feel as good on your skin as they do in your heart. We hope that you will find a sense of peace and purpose knowing that your everyday choices have a positive impact on the poor, our country and our planet.
100% NATURAL. Beat that! Sure there are a lot of great products in the market. We were accustomed to them and we patronize them. When this brand first came out, I was like,"Wow, that's a break from all those chemical-laid products. Gotta try it." After ordering my first products from them, which are the  Aloe Vera & Guava Facial Wash for troubled skin (now pulled out) and the lip balm with natural sun protection, I was in love.


I know some girls have underarm issues. I used to shave and use chemical-laid antiperspirant deodorant. The result? Dark, stubbly and chicken skin-textured armpits. And trust me when I say I've tried A LOT of lightening deos. Rexona with Sunflower used to have a good chemistry with my skin, it really lightened my pits with months of continuous use. But I noticed that my school uniforms had yellow stains! Also, sometimes I think it's got that stinky smell especially when you've been out in the sun for too long. Same goes with the other deos I've tried, nothing really seemed to work.Then I recently discovered HHN All-Natural Deodorant, there was a sigh of relief.

HumanHeartNature All-Natural Deodorant with Sunflower
Php84.75/50 ml

Pros:
1.100% Natural. The ingredients are to die for: 
2. Affordable (I bought mine for Php89.75 at Shopwise)
3. DOES NOT CONTAIN ALUMINUM (such as Aluminum Chlorhydrate which is common in chemical-laid products. A much debated topic nowadays is that aluminum in antiperspirants can cause cancer and Alzheimer's disease)
4. Has a fresh floral scent (all natural)

Cons:
1. A little watery formulation, though it is easy to dry
2. A little amount of product seeps through the roller. The packaging could be improved. (Or is it because of its watery consistency?)
3. If you sweat a lot, play sports or do a lot of physical activities, you might as well think hard before trying on this deo. It's not an antiperspirant yet. Also, this can only provide very minimal odor protection, so re-application throughout the day is necessary.

I've been using this deo for about 2 weeks. In the first week, I noticed that my UA lighten a bit (I've also switched to waxing 2 months ago, to avoid constant hair removal thus causes irritation and darkening of UA). At first, it offered a good odor protection (although I can't rely on this to keep the sweating at bay). But on the succeeding days, I noticed that after just a few hours, I can sense that unwanted smell (horror!). I don't bring the product with me, aside from the fact that it'll be too hassle to reapply, I still have to let it dry. I was so conscious of extending my arms because others might discover that I smell (duh). What can I say? It's very gross and unladylike. Wa poise. So I just made those quick bathroom trips, patting my UA dry with a tissue and applying baby powder on the surrounding area and then instead of using my usual EDT, I just used a baby cologne so that it won't compensate or stuff. Luckily as I kept using it, I noticed that I don't smell that bad anymore. Maybe it just took some time to work in harmony with my body chemistry. And now, though I still sweat a lot, I don't smell (only if I sniff really hard, hahaha). If HHN improves this into an antiperspirant deodorant, I promise to stay with this FOREVER.


Overall rating: 4/5

***HumanHeartNature has a lot of naturally good products. Visit their website and see for yourself! They cater not only in the Philippines but in the USA as well. Some of the products are also available at Rustans and Shopwise. And oh, did I mention that their Customer Service is impeccable? :-)***

HumanHeartNature
Gandang Kalikasan Inc
463 Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines
Tel: (02) 931 5787. Fax: (02) 951 3627



References:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Aluminum-Health-Risks---Real-Or-Myth?&id=1235980 
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/AP-Deo
http://humanheartnature.com/main.html 

<3 forevermakeup612

1 comment:

  1. thank u for this post!it really helped!though did it help lighten ur UA?:)

    ReplyDelete